Senior Systems Architect Messaging - London
Senior Systems Architect (Messaging) - London City - £65k - £80k
WORLD LEADING TELECOMS HOUSE is looking for a Senior Systems Architect to accept a new role, within an existing team. You will be joining a FTSE company with a profitable track record & significant growth aspirations. You will be working in a state of the art environment, with cutting edge technology & plush modern offices in the heart of London. Excellent career progression & a first class career at the forefront of the telecoms arena is on offer. This role is to champion Systems Architect services.
Pension + Health Care + Dental Schemes + 25 days holiday (inc to 30 days) + Health Insurance + Childcare vouchers + Season Ticket Loan + PC loan + onsite gym + subsidised onsite restaurant & coffee bar + LARGE Bonus.
As a Senior Systems Architect (Messaging), your main duties will be:
- Lead the development of both carrier Ethernet & IP networks, & high volume messages queues built to serve proprietary wireless access technologies.
- Develop market requirements into existing or new network architectures & designs.
- Produce clear, concise, & balanced documentation to justify or oppose particular product or network development proposals.
- Take an active role in establishing the baseline scope, timeline & cost of investment cases ensuring open, fair & reasoned analysis building upon inputs from all members of the team
- Track industry trends for parallels that should be evaluated in order to stimulate additional value creation.
- Build & maintain relationships with Universities both for technology-push / R&D activities & to build the Technology Development Programme.
To be successful for this Senior Systems Architect (Messaging) role, you need the following skills / experience:
- A strong background in air interfaces & protocols such as L2 access, IPv4 / IPv6, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), messaging systems, satellite or terrestrial radio, & standards (e.g. MEF 55 LSO, 5GPP, ETSI MANO)
- Expertise & practical experience in modern Ethernet & IP networking & Software Defined Networks (SDN), Service Function Chains (both VM & Container based).
- Expertise in a breadth of current & developing protocols & specifications relevant to messaging & IoT (Internet of Things) applications (e.g. LoRa, LTE, Thread, SigFox, XMPP, AMQP, MQTT, IBM MQ etc.)
- Expertise in a breadth of current & developing satellite or terrestrial radio air interface specifications, particularly the protocols on key control & user/data plane interfaces between the Radio Access Network & the Transport Network.
- Appreciation of simulation frameworks & environments, network emulation, type approval, & software revision control tools
- Ability to matrix-manage a diverse set of colleagues as a project moves through the various stages of investigation, business case development, architectural development, implementation, improvement & retirement.
- Articulate & engaging written & presentation skills are considered gating criteria.
- Solid history of working in a relevant communications, network infrastructure or related computing infrastructure field (specific engineering experience related to messaging / M2M will be an advantage).
Don't miss a Great opportunity to join a large, multinational company, with a well-known & household name - who look after their staff.
Contact Sally Hall on or click the "Apply Now" button.