Management Accountant With Progression To Finance Manager
iMultiply have been retained by a highly entrepreneurial business in Edinburgh to recruit their permanent Management Accountant position.
Operating within a highly topical sector, this business has continuously challenged the norm since its inception. Its contrasting approach has been extremely well received and embraced resulting in several strong partnerships right across the UK, including the support of the UK Government. Further growth and expansion is not a case of "if" but "when" and the business is on track to exceed 100m turnover within the next five years.
The position of Management Accountant will report into the Head of Finance with a dotted line to the Finance Director. It’s a newly created role to provide more freedom for the Head of Finance to get involved in business & strategic planning. As the business has aggressive expansion plans, it’s important the successful applicant can deal with an evolving culture with the ability to implement and development processes & procedures to create a strong control environment, capable of facilitating further growth. Due to this continuous growth, its highly likely that the position will develop into a Finance Manager position within the foreseeable future.
The role of Management Accountant will offer a salary of £32,000 - £40,000 plus a competitive benefits package. The client is happy to reward the top salary, provided the experience merits £40,000. The office premises are based 15 minutes outside the city centre with parking facilities available on-site and accessible via public transport.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to and deputising for the Head of Finance
- Dotted line to the Director of Finance
- Mentoring a Finance Assistant
- Reviewing and developing processes, procedures & controls
- Preparation of monthly reporting packs
- Preparation of statutory accounts & returns
- Assisting with KPI setting & reporting
- Assisting with budgeting & forecasting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with VAT returns
- Accruals, prepayments & journals
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant however finalist level will also be considered
- Ability to develop processes, procedures & controls
- Exposure to management & financial accounts
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson for a private & confidential discussion.