Working closely with Multi Channel and IS on various exciting projects across desktop, tablet and mobile you will help develop the digital and store channels. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class experiences through your understanding and obsession with how the product feels and user perceptions.
- Highly specialised role requiring that you can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solutions. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment always acting as the voice of the customer
- It is vital that the jobholder is up to date with the latest developments and proactively pursues new technologies and design tools.
- Responsible for the user experience and IA design of the client within the digital space and must take account of the impact of design on site usage and sales. An ability to find creative solutions that enhance site performance or commercial objectives is vital.
- Collaborate with product management and IS to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, and experience, playing a key role in delivering continuous improvement to the channels.
- Collaborate closely with UI Design to ensure the UI design visually communicates the path the UX designer has laid out.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex needs through process flow mapping, IA, sketching, prototyping, customer research, user testing and iteration.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback through interactive demos (Axure etc.)
- Attend workshops and take a leading role in crafting the digital journey.
- Clearly articulate customer needs, behaviours and journeys and present to senior stakeholders.
- Where necessary educate others on new tools / designs and/or approaches.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of competitors, the market place and general good practices.
- Use insight and analytics to make data driven decisions and to measure success.
- Communicate and work with third parties and strategic agencies, offering direction and consultation on various digital initiatives, representing the team and brand in a professional and collaborative nature.
- Demonstrable UX design skills with a strong portfolio (at least 3 years industry experience).
- Highly competent in core web design practices such as wire-framing, conceptual design, functional prototyping.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Proficiency in wire-framing tools for rapid prototyping (e.g. Axure).
- Proven experience of mapping user journeys, managing user research and user testing.
- Experience in digital retail landscape desirable.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Strong problem solver who thinks creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest UX trends, techniques, and technologies is essential.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketching.
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related is desirable.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- You will have exceptional understanding of good user journeys on all platforms.
- Demonstrable visual design and UI design skills, with proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop desirable.
- Previous experience using Axure and Zeplin is desirable
- Previous experience within a multi-channel retail environment is desirable or exposure to retail within an agency environment where your focus was on both delivering engaging and inspiring content, and functional customer journey's.
- The ability to communicate creative ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to work well within a team, work to tight deadlines, and a self-starter who manages workload effectively, in alignment with the business priorities and key initiatives.
12 month Fixed Term Contract