Production and Quality Engineer
Location: Bootle (Liverpool), United Kingdom.
KTC Edibles Ltd are a leading UK supplier of essential cooking ingredients and food products for multiple channels across the UK (Major Retail, Independent Retail, Wholesale, Industrial and Food Service). With a pedigree of success over the last 40 years, they are now seeking a talented Production & Quality Engineer to assist the Company in the development of compliance, operations and food safety processes at their secondary site in Liverpool, focused on oil packing and packaging production.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with the site General Manager and the operations team to review existing processes to improve product waste management, product non-conformances and continuous improvement opportunities emanating from internal and external audits.
The core tasks involved in the role are detailed below:
- To support during external certification audits /site visits/inspections
- To participate and support customer Audits
- To support in carrying out Internal audits of the management system
- To coordinate the GMP Audit of the Factory which includes hygiene checks, glass and hot plastic checks, fabrication checks, CCP checks, raw material checks.
- To support in maintaining effective Documentation control
- To ensure policy and procedures are updated, accurate and followed through
- To ensure proper record keeping regarding Production paperwork, proof of delivery, to ensure the traceability is recorded, and its analysis
- To create and maintain KPI Reports pertaining to various aspects like Pest control complaints, product specific complaints reports, any other major issues
- Review opportunities for more efficient methods across oil packing and the blow molding production areas
- Work closely with engineering and production regarding work flow, plant layout, machinery investment and cost
- Devises and implement production control methods to monitor operational efficiency
- Investigate and eliminate potential hazards and bottlenecks in production
- Advise management on and ensures effective implementation of new production methods, techniques and equipment
Qualified Candidates should ideally possess the following:
- BSc qualified in a manufacturing / food science related discipline
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of quality management and continuous improvement, with a proven track record working within the food industry
- Demonstrable experience working across quality, technical and production functions within the food industry will be highly advantageous
- Demonstrates an acute awareness of food industry accreditation measures and processes, i.e. BRC.
- Proven track record in working to HACCP guidelines
- Technical knowledge of edible oils and food packaging (preferably plastics) would be highly advantageous
- Strong ability to diagnose problems and develop innovative solutions
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Able to communicate at all levels of an organisation as well as with customers
- Adept at engaging and building relationships
- The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, self-starter and able to work autonomously
Applications for this post will close on August 3rd 2017