Business Intelligence Internship 23K Healthcare West London
A customer focused organisation providing a range of professional advice and support services to clinical commissioning groups and health service providers working with over 1.9 million patients across London. In addition, they provide services for London ambulance commissioning across all of London and a cancer commissioning network for North West and South London.
This is a 4 month internship paying £1,900 per month with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company to support the Senior Contract and Information Analyst with reporting on the performance of healthcare providers in the North-West London area. You will be required to analyse datasets, produce information reports and investigate analytical issues. This work forms a vital part of the Business Intelligence Team and be an excellent introduction to a career as a Business or Performance Analyst.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and be responsible for include:
• Support the provision of timely and accurate performance information to the performance team, contract teams and various clinics across London.
• Develop good relationships with all internal and external stakeholders e.g. healthcare clinics and their providers.
• Develop effective working relationships with members of the performance team.
• Translate complex performance information and share in a constructive and professional way to assist each clinic in implementing change.
• Produce detailed information to support performance monitoring and improvement e.g. summary tables/ charts.
• Monitor the submission of data sets from clinical providers e.g. number of patients vs beds.
• Submit performance data within the delegated timescales.
• Deal with queries relating to data or information.
• Extrapolate the meaning from data as guided by the Senior Contract Analyst.
• Help refine processes to enable efficient monitoring of data.
• Support other team members with performance deliverables.
What are the ideal intern’s personality and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Excel.
• Working knowledge of SQL is preferred but training will be provided.
• Highly numerate and comfortable working with large datasets.
• The ability to communicate clearly both written and verbal with people from a range of backgrounds.
• A highly organised individual able to prioritise one’s workload when it begins to stack up!
• A keen interest to learn new commercial techniques within a large organisation.
• Good working knowledge of all MS Office tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access would be a bonus but not a pre-requisite.
• Looking to develop a professional career in either research, business analysis or healthcare.
What are the perks of working for this company?
• A competitive salary during the internship.
• Work for a world renowned healthcare organisation delivering a world class service, with multiple divisions there is ample room for career progression within the organisation and personal development is widely encouraged.