The purpose of this role is to set up and manage the operations of a new bank to deliver cost effective retail funding to support business lending plans. The first stage of this position will be to set up the operations of the new bank, both for deposits and for loans.
We are looking for a hands on generalist with experience of people management, IT systems and compliance.
Daily responsibilities will include overseeing, monitoring and improving the operations function, managing and developing a small team, and ensuring the company satisfies its legal and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will have worked in an FCA and PRA regulated environment, most likely in a smaller institution, and be able to implement regulatory standards as they evolve.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, strong project management experience and a knowledge of systems, in particular the role of technology in an expanding business.
* Operational management of retail deposits and savings accounts with responsibility for delivering key metrics and support targets (eg volumes, value, STP rates)
* Operational management of the loans function (bridging, auction and commercial loans)
* Involvement in development and delivery of new products, including all elements (i.e. processes, communications, documentation, etc.) required to bring them to market in a compliant manner
* Delivering a high quality end to end customer experience
* Acting as the first line defence with regard to conduct risk, compliance and product management regulation
* Identification and sourcing of product MI, data, customer research and feedback, forecasts and competitor information to ensure that products are continually adapted and improved to meet customer requirements
* Supporting and gaining support from other business area in the delivery of SLAs.
* Undertaking root cause analysis of complaint data and customer feedback and recommending changes as appropriate
*Recent experience working with savings/current accounts and loans products as an operations manager with a track record of successful delivery
* Knowledge of UK payments infrastructure
* MIS skills, project managements skills, and experience of managing external vendors
* Recruiting, managing and motivating an operations team
* Experience managing an online savings account offering and the customer journey
* Retail banking background with a strong understanding of regulation including FSCS
* Evidence of innovation, recommendations and decision making with strong commercial understanding
* Good breadth of product management with an understanding of the full product lifecycle, including acquisition and retention.
* Understanding of the competitive and regulatory environment for retail deposit management
* A highly motivated self-starter who will work on their own initiative to deliver goals and objectives.
* A team player with a collaborative style and the ability to work with all areas across the business and gain their buy in and support.
* Focused on delivery.
* Ability to motivate, initiate change and take an already successful business forward