Senior Systems Architect Embedded
Senior Systems Architect (Embedded) - London City - £65k - £80k
WORLD LEADING TELECOMS HOUSE is looking for a Senior Systems Architect to accept a new role, within an existing team. You will be joining a FTSE company with a profitable track record & significant growth aspirations. You will be working in a state of the art environment, with cutting edge technology & plush modern offices in the heart of London. Excellent career progression & a first class career at the forefront of the telecoms arena is on offer. This role is to champion Systems Architect services.
Pension + Health Care + Dental Schemes + 25 days holiday (inc to 30 days) + Health Insurance + Childcare vouchers + Season Ticket Loan + PC loan + onsite gym + subsidised onsite restaurant & coffee bar + LARGE Bonus.
As a Senior Systems Architect (Embedded), your main responsibilities will be:
- Lead the development of both carrier Ethernet & IP networks, and high volume messages queues built to serve proprietary wireless access technologies.
- Work with Product Managers and both internal and external Subject Matter Experts, to develop market requirements into existing or new network architectures and designs.
- Produce clear, concise, and balanced documentation to justify or oppose particular product or network development proposals
- Take an active role in establishing the baseline scope, timeline and cost of investment cases ensuring open, fair and reasoned analysis building upon inputs from all members of the team
- Track industry trends for parallels that should be evaluated in order to stimulate additional value creation
- Build and maintain relationships with Universities both for technology-push / R&D activities and to build the Technology Development Programme
To be successful for the Senior Systems Architect (Embedded) role, you need the following skills and experience:
- A strong background in air interfaces and protocols such as L2 access, IPv4 / IPv6, BGP, messaging systems, satellite or terrestrial radio, and standards (e.g. MEF 55 LSO, 5GPP, ETSI MANO)
- Expertise and practical experience in modern Ethernet and IP networking and Software Defined Networks, Service Function Chains (both VM and Container based)
- Expertise in a breadth of current and developing protocols and specifications relevant to messaging and IoT (Internet of Things) applications (e.g. LoRa, LTE, Thread, SigFox, XMPP, AMQP, MQTT, IBM MQ etc.)
- Expertise in a breadth of current and developing satellite or terrestrial radio air interface specifications, particularly the protocols on key control and user/data plane interfaces between the Radio Access Network (RAN) and the Transport Network
- You will be able to communicate in market features and drivers terms with commercial colleagues including Business Unit Presidents and business development leads.
- You will be able to fully engage, challenge and debate technical solutions with the Subject Matter Experts, both internal and external.
- Solid history of working in a relevant communications, network infrastructure or related computing infrastructure field (specific engineering experience related to messaging / M2M will be an advantage).
Don't miss a Great opportunity to join a large, multinational company, with a well-known & household name - who look after their staff.
Contact Sally Hall on or click the "Apply Now" button.