Vehicle Preparation Team Leader
To inspect and appraise vehicles on arrival whilst managing the valeting team to ensure each vehicle is prepared to the highest standards and is presented to its true potential. Maintain the sites superb appearance at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that Valet team members feel valued and are supported on daily basis.
- Ensure that the Valet team understand the importance of their role in providing superb customer service.
- Manage and report any valet team absences.
- Ensure sold car list is up to date and that cars are valeted the day before delivery and situated in the correct area.
- Identify where we can utilise internal services as oppose to using external contractors.
- Report any missed items and paintwork that may have an effect on the handover.
- Quality check sold units after valet, reject and address any that do not meet our standards.
- Ensure work is planned and scheduled for the following day.
- Ensure stock units are quality checked prior to being placed on the pitch.
- Report any issues identified with stock vehicles such as paint or mechanical issues to the Service Manager/ Branch Manager in a timely and accurate manner.
- Report any delays in the delivery of sold units well in advance of the vehicle being collected.
- Check with service to avoid any duplication of valet charges and the level of clean required.
- Assist the Vehicle Inspector/Quality Controller during busy periods.
- Ensure that the vehicles are cleaned to the highest of standards.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and others.
- Proven track record of attention to detail
- Previous supervisory experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Displays the Company Employee Values;
Team player, who goes that extra mile for the team and company,
Open, honest and transparent,
Recognises and demonstrates the Motordepot workplace ethos; friendly, helpful, approachable and innovative with a good sense of humour!
Delivers exceptional customer and internal service,
Encourages others, develops both themselves and others,
Possesses a positive attitude and is passionate in what they do,
Optimises on new opportunities,
Takes pride in their environment and their own appearance.
- Working outdoors in all weathers.
- Dealing with high volume.