Law & Ethics Assistant / Law Graduate - Public Sector Audit
Job Title: Law & Ethics Assistant
Salary: £29,297 -£35,724 Pro rata salary on appointment is at the minimum of the range
Closing Date: 25th July 2017
Hours: Permanent, Part Time - 28 hours per week
Our client is looking for a talented Law & Ethics Assistant to join their team.
The Law & Ethics Assistant will be accountable to the Head of Law & Ethics in providing advice and guidance to Auditor General and on legal and compliance issues as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
The role will support the Head of Law & Ethics in obtaining external legal advice for the Auditor General, on a wide variety of matters, including for example new legislation relating to Welsh public bodies, the legality of actions of public bodies, public procurement and contracts.
- Work productively with colleagues to ensure well-co-ordinated, efficient and effective service delivery to audited bodies and stakeholders.
- Sufficient drive and pace of work to ensure a large volume of complex tasks are completed to agreed budget, timetable and quality standards.
- Act as a source of legal advice for staff and external contacts on statutory functions.
- Ability to work alone and as a member of a group of highly skilled staff.
This job would suit a law graduate seeking a part-time position to enable them to undertake further study, such the Legal Practice Course.
- Educated to degree level.
- Professional legal qualification or relevant experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the English legal system, a good basic knowledge of public law and contract law.
- General knowledge of public sector audit and how it relates to government and the wider political environment so as to be able to develop policies and legislation that meet the needs of the client
- Comfortable working in a bilingual environment.
- Excellent writing skills, including use of plain English, for the production of clear guidance on complex (usually legally related) issues both for internal and external use.
- Excellent oral communication skills - giving clear advice on complex technical and legal issues over the phone, in meetings of all sizes and in presentations to staff.
33 days holiday entitlement per annum plus 8 days' public holidays; Civil Service Pension Scheme (MyCSP); purchasing or selling annual leave; childcare vouchers through salary sacrifice.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the CAREERS PAGE.
Candidates with experience of; Law Graduate, Legal Assistant, Law & Ethics Assistant, Legal Executive, Legal Secretary, Ethics & Compliance Officer, Legal Administrator, Paralegal will also be considered for this role.
Cynorthwyydd y Gyfraith a Moeseg
£29,297-£35,724 Wrth benodi, bydd y cyflog pro rata ar waelod y raddfa.
Dyddiad Cau'r Cais: 25/07/16
Bydd Cynorthwyydd y Gyfraith a Moeseg yn atebol i Pennaeth y Gyfraith a Moeseg wrth ddarparu cyngor ac arweiniad i Archwilydd Cyffredinol Cymru a staff Swyddfa Archwilio Cymru ar faterion cyfreithiol a chydymffurfiaeth, fel rhan o dîm amlddisgyblaethol.
Bydd y swydd yn cefnogi Pennaeth y Gyfraith a Moeseg wrth geisio cyngor cyfreithiol allanol i'r Archwilydd Cyffredinol a staff Swyddfa Archwilio Cymru, ar amrywiaeth eang o faterion, gan gynnwys enghreifftiau fel deddfwriaeth newydd yn ymwneud â chyrff cyhoeddus Cymru, datganoli pwerau trethu, cyfreithlondeb gweithrediadau cyrff cyhoeddus, caffael cyhoeddus a chontractau.
Byddai'r swydd hon yn addas i rywun â gradd yn y gyfraith sy'n chwilio am swydd ran amser er mwyn eu galluogi i ymgymryd ag astudiaethau pellach, megis Cwrs Ymarfer y Gyfraith.
Ceir manylion ynghylch y prif gyfrifoldebau a'r anghenion o ran sgiliau a phrofiad yn y swydd ddisgrifiad.