DevOps Consultant - Linux, Automation, AWS - Consultancy
Are you wanting to progress your career as a DevOps consultant? Are you keen to explore and learn new technologies? Have you got strong software devlelopment skills? This is the role for you! My client is looking to bring on a keen and enthusiatic DevOps consultant, eager to learn and progress in their rapidly growing software company.
Currently with 43 people, you'll be joining a DevOps team of around 20 people in the South London offices with a fast growing client base! They are pioneers in the DevOps community with several meet up groups and they favour agility in their external and internal relationships. They have built impressive innovative solutions using a wide range of technologies.
It is a very multicultural, casual and flexible environment and if you want to develop your skills within software development by interacting with major software, services, emerging platforms, technologies and client organisations than this opportunity is for you!
My client is looking for a consultant with a background in Software development looking to progress their career in DevOps with some of the newest and most exciting technologies. Team members will be working closely with development teams, implementing best practice around continuous deployment and scalable infrastructure.
- Strong scripting skills in languages such as Python and Ruby
- Experience with public cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure
- A solid understanding of the Linux user space and a good knowledge of shell scripting
- Experience setting up and/or managing deployment pipeline
- Strong knowledge of at least one Continuous Deployment tool: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other configuration management tools
- A keen interest in new technologies
- Software development experience
- Able to communicate complex ideas to peers and clients
- Experience in PaaS technologies
- Experience with metrics, monitoring, alerting and logging systems; e.g. ELK
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Marathon etc
- History of client facing or consultancy roles
- An annual profit share bonus (Last year- 17%)
- 25 days' holiday plus public holidays
- Child care vouchers
- Private Healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension scheme (5% Matched Contribution)
- High spec laptop
- Regular social events
- Flexible work hours
- Multicultural team
- Foosball table