Senior Legal Case Handler
Acting for mortgage lenders in taking steps to enforce their security by way of possession of the mortgaged property in cases where the lender's position is considered to be at higher risk than normal, for example, where the borrower has made multiple applications to prevent the lender obtaining possession and cases of high arrears.
At all times having regard to the commercial interests of the client and to carry out work delegated by the Team Supervisor efficiently and within relevant service standards.
· Carry out work allocated by Team Supervisor within service standards
· Taking responsibility for running own caseload as driven by case management system (Solcase)
· Complete the work allocated on a daily basis:
· Action Post
· Check new instructions opened correctly
· Check proceedings issued correctly
· Prepare witness statement and instruct agents
· Costs - return figures to clients promptly
· Take enforcement action
· Set up bailiff appointments and advise client
· Phone calls (client, internal and 3rd party)
· E-mails (client, internal and 3rd party)
· Ensure regular communication with Team Supervisors regarding work related issues or problems which should be reported immediately and escalated if necessary.
· Suggesting to Team Supervisors improvements to the system and identifying problems
· In the absence of the Team Supervisors, taking responsibility with the other Senior Case Handlers and Case Handlers for ensuring that the workflows are printed and actioned together with daily post.
· Ensure billing is accurate and action unbilled disbursements accordingly
· Supporting the Team Supervisor by accepting any delegated tasks