Business Operations Manager
As Business Operations Manager working for a Global Financial Services organisation you will support the co-ordination and execution of the Business Operations policy and ensuring that operational initiatives and best practice are uniformly implemented across the business.
You will be responsible for ensuring that business operations and policies comply with internal and external regulatory requirements and treating customers fairly is at the heart of operational practices and provide business project management and drive operational change across the business.
You will also work with the Head of Business Operations and local leadership teams to ensure that all business change activities are embedded in a timely, efficient way resulting in BAU working practices
- Follows the direction set by the firm
- Provide support to the operational servicing across business
- Input in to the development, gaining agreement to, and direct the uniform implementation of robust, compliant, operational plans, practices and processes across business
- Support and where appropriate lead business operational change programmes across business and work with branch leaders to ensure timely implementation with no adverse business impact
- Support and where appropriate provide direction/leadership to on and off shore teams supporting the business
- Support and lead the establishment of and then monitoring of a robust, practical governance framework to underpin operational excellence
- Ensure the operational aspects of client requirements are fully met and treating customers fairly is embedded into day to day working practices
- Ensure that appropriate business process measurements and protocols are in place to monitor the operational performance of all areas of the business. Analyse working practices, trends, reports and make recommendations to senior management
- Work with the Head of Business Operations, to implement and monitor adherence to operational improvement initiatives across business
- Ensure that processes and measures are in place for monitoring and maintaining standards of business conduct, which are consistent with best practice. Ensure all internal and external compliance and regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Work with Branch Directors to ensure operational KPIs are being met throughout the customer lifecycle (inc fiduciary)
- Work with Branch Directors in ensuring robust performance management and training and competence processes are in place
- Support the Head of Business Operations in defining business operational strategy and ensuring this is translated into local actions and implemented on time and within budget
- Where required lead the review of current operational processes across business to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Actively participate in regular business operations meetings to ensure issues are highlighted and recommendations for improvements are communicated
- Lead on business projects as directed by the Head of Business Operations
Knowledge and Skills
- Track record of team work - able to work with others and where appropriate motivate and inspire team to achieve success
- Leader with a background in managing, coordinating and executing operational activity on behalf of the business; upholds and demonstrates leadership values
- Good understanding of strategy
- Experience of project managing the implementation of business operational initiatives to improve business performance and in developing and sharing best practice
- Networking abilities
- Knowledge of FSA requirements and standards
- Collaborative approach, with the ability to operate in a matrix management environment
- Capable of building and maintaining relationships at senior levels of the organisation
- Determines pertinent information required by management to make effective decisions. Ensures that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of this information occurs in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner
- Motivation, coaching and development of staff and evidence of proactive management of performance issues
- Enthusiastic team player with strong relationship and empathy building skills who is capable of selling reasons for change / plans across a diverse range of relationships
- Seasoned experience in delivering front office business operational improvement initiatives and supporting BAU activities in the SME and/or consumer environments
- Detailed working knowledge of FCA regulation relating to insurance broking, with a track record of successful application of that knowledge in the consumer and SME environments
- Experience of leading and developing a high-performance team
- Delivery of projects, new working practices and change initiatives in front and back office
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit to find out what you could become.