PHP Developer - Fast growing software house, learn Laravel
- Rapidly growing business with plenty of opportunities.
- Close-knit team in a friendly environment.
- Impressive client list that’s consistently growing.
A rapidly expanding and highly successful software house, based in Central Bristol, is looking for a PHP Developer to join the team. The business is around 20 strong, half of which are based in Bristol, having doubled in size in the last year and a half. They are about to move in to fresh new offices and you’ll have the chance to help the business continue down it’s exciting path.
What skills you’ll be needing
- This is a predominately back-end focussed role with some front-end development skills required as well, working with a LAMP stack.
- The tech you’ll need to be experienced with includes PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery.
- They work with both Laravel and a custom-built MVC so any experience with Laravel or a similar MVC will be extremely useful.
- You’ll need experience with version control (Git, Subversion).
- A basic knowledge of networking and server admin will be useful, as will technical writing skills.
You’ll be working in the Bristol office, currently with 6 other developers but looking to continue growing after this hire. The business has two primary products, substantially different from each other but based on the same underlying platform. You’ll be working with key clients to help identify improvements and fixes where necessary. You’ll be expect to share your thoughts and ideas on everything from the products themselves to potential future tech to use and even potentially ideas on how the business can adapt as they grow.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
The company has doubled in size over the past year and a half and there are no signs of this growth slowing down any time soon. This makes it the perfect time to join an expanding company, working with some impressive clients. It’s a close-knit team that really care about what they do. Everyone’s friendly and at least twice a year, they get all the national offices together for large socials. There’s currently on-going discussions to expand the benefits packages of staff members as they have grown quickly in size and they’re always happy to listen to ideas!
If this sounds like the role for you then send your CV in now or get in touch with Jack to discuss further.