BI Big Data Specialist
If you want to work for an ever expanding company with 25 years experience in the digital market based in Watford as a BI Big Data Specialist then this may be worthwhile for you.
If you consider yourself to be very hands on, have a methodical mindset and feel comfortable using today's most up to date technology then this particular job could be very suitable.
Purpose of Role:
1. Designing and supporting the companies Big Data Platform
2. Implementing batch and real time event feeds for key business requirements
3. Providing design, build and delivery for ETL and datawarehouse flows and structures
1. Take a leading role in the architecture, planning, installation, integration, operation, optimization and continuous development of our Big Data platform
2. Lead adoption of new integration and data technologies
3. Champion best practice and standardisation of data input streams
4. Develop an in depth understanding of our data sets, so that you can support the Insight team and wider business with queries about how our data functions and deliver ad-hoc data requests via ETL or free hand SQL
Skills & Experience required:
1. At least two years experience working on a Big Data platform, covering design, development, deployment and production support
2. Big Data analysis skills (MapR, Talend, Stream, Spark, Hadoop ecosystems)
3. Experience of Lambda architecture and an understanding of the benefits of use in a high data volume environment
4.Experience of ETL design, development and deployment (using Business Objects Data Services)
This role involves a large data migration process and will allow you to gain exposure to the latest technologies and various Big Data technologies.
If you are interested apply immediately!