Regulatory Manager - Insurance
The Business Operations Regulatory Manager will work with the Head of Business to ensure that the company's corporate governance and operational governance frameworks and processes meet the requirements of internal policies and of its regulators.
You will act as the point of contact for all regulatory activity, building trusted relationships with company Leadership, Risk, Compliance and Audit. You will also oversee compliance activity undertaken by the central Business Operations team to ensure issues are identified and remedial action is taken where required.
Working for a Global Financial Services organisation your key accountablilities will fall into the following areas:
Regulatory central point of contact - will include; build and maintain trusted relationships with Risk, Compliance and Audit; provide a central point of contact and work with the Risk and Compliance Business Partners to establish and maintain compliance with policy and regulatory requirements; partner with Operational Management and Business Unit Management to embed compliance practices; collaborate with the Risk and Compliance Business Partners to assist Operational Management in the interpretation and implementation of regulatory and compliance policies.
Manage regulatory activity - will include;Work with the company Head of Business Operations and the Approved Person for company to ensure that his responsibilities as an Approved Person are understood and discharged; oversee the management of file checking, work review forms, financial promotions and complaints; ensuring issues are escalated and remedial actions are taken where necessary; ensure that all matters of significance raised in audit and assurance work are escalated to the Operations Director and tracked through to completion; coordinate management responses for compliance reviews and audits.
- People Management - Direct Line Management responsibility for Business Operations Regulatory Analysts
- Supporting Initiatives - Contribute to regulatory and process discussions and initiatives on behalf of company to ensure solutions suggested are suitable for company.
- Risk - Responsible for working in accordance with the company Risk Management Framework, and compliance with company policies
Skills and Experience
- Comprehensive understanding of FCA requirements and standards
- Proven record in an operational environment
- Proven record of relationship building
- Strong influencing skills
- Insurance knowledge
- Thorough understanding of operational risk and compliance issues
- Upholds and demonstrates leadership values
- Self-disciplined and organised
- Commercial understanding of business
You will secure a highly competitive salary and employment package, excellent workplace location and environment.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit to find out what you could become.