Senior Finance Business Partner
iMultiply are supporting a high growth business in Edinburgh with the recruitment of their permanent Senior Finance Business Partner.
This business has experienced phenomenal growth over the past decade due its disruptive proposition, approach and strategy. It now has a significant foothold in the UK market and has further expansion plans to crack the international scene which is the reasoning behind this newly created opportunity. Although the business is quite aggressive with expansion, maintaining the ethics, values and ethos that the company was founded on is paramount to protect its identity.
The position of Senior Finance Business Partner is a newly created role to continue the momentum they built up within the UK market whilst allowing further investment & attention into the international arena. To be considered you must be a qualified Accountant that has strong financial modelling skills within a highly commercial environment with the ability to interact, engage and influence senior stakeholders such as customers, operations, sales, marketing etc.
The role of Senior Finance Business Partner will offer a salary of £55,000 - £70,000 depending on experience plus a competitive benefits package.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Business Partner the Commercial Team to ensure the commercial agenda delivers EBIT, top line growth and profitability targets through;
- Providing commercial challenge and financial insight on product and customer performance and profitability.
- The preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, monthly KPIs etc highlighting risks & opportunities to ensure the delivery of a robust, and stretching financial plan.
- Development of efficient business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Support Commercial Team providing challenge and insight on revenue forecasts and commercial agreements, summarising key elements for decision making process.
- Evaluate all relevant marketing, promotional and joint business plan proposals to ensure best rate of return for the company and provide post evaluation highlights to inform future decision making.
- Work with the Commercial & Operations teams to ensure volume forecasts provided are robust and maintain cash up of volume, revenue and gross margin for cashflow forecasting purposes.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place over invoice pricing and that any credit control issues and required actions are understood and followed up.
- Track all relevant trade and marketing investment to ensure committed spend and accruals are recorded accurately.
- Support weekly, monthly and annual reporting processes - actual revenue performance tracked against relevant budget, forecast and prior year measures, with meaningful commentary provided explaining reasons for variances.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant with ideally 5 years+ post qualification experience
- Worked within a highly commercial environment
- Strong financial modelling abilities
- Ability to engage, interact and influence senior stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson for a private & confidential discussion. A full job specification is available for suitable applicants.