SEN Teacher for SEMH Setting
This forward thinking specialist unit for pupils with Social, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties are seeking an enthusiastic SEN Teacher to join them from September 2017. The role would be to teach KS3 (age 11-14) Geography and PE and will be long term, full time with the potential to become permanent for the right person.
The school caters for pupils who have been excluded from mainstream schools and offers respite for those who are at risk of being excluded. The focus is on supporting and enabling children to return to mainstream education. The children at this school may have gaps in their learning so the attention will be on closing those gaps, often through non-class based learning.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have QTS or QTLS - Essential
- Hold a degree/PGCE in either Geography or PE/Sport - Desirable
- Preferably have experience of working with young people who display challenging behaviour
- Ideally have experience of working in a UK Secondary School
- Have strong behaviour management skills and an enthusiasm for teaching hard to reach students
What the school can offer you:
- An exciting and varied working environment
- Small class sizes of 5-10 students
- Strong support in curriculum and behaviour
- Additional and ongoing training
This position offers a challenging and rewarding role with the opportunity to focus on developing strong relationships with staff and pupils.
To be successful in this position you will need strong behaviour management skills, but if you are looking for a challenging role and enjoy working with 'hard to reach' young people with high levels of support then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
To apply for the position or arrange a school visit, please send your CV to Darsha or call the SEN team for more information.