Business Applications Manager - London - Perm - £50k
Business Applications Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR : Application Support team, Business Systems Analyst, Intranet Manager (when appointed)
Working as a member of the ICT team, The Business Applications Manager reports to the Head of IT, and is responsible for all application support, and the commissioning of new applications. The Business Applications Manager is responsible for the management of three teams providing application support, business systems anlaysis, Intranet, which include all SaaS, (Software as as Service) applications and services. The Teams are currenlty based in London, but with expansion, may be based in other locations in the UK.
- To effectively manage members of Teams, regularly reviewing individual performance and providing feedback (formally and informally), and meet all management obligations of appraisal, personal development plans and objective setting;
- To work with key stake-holders, on new business requirements and to develop the design / technical specification to meet these requirements;
- To ensure that the company leverages the use of Commercially Of The Shelve (COTS) products and standardised application sets as much as feasibly possible to minimise cost and increase efficiency;
- Work with the Applications team to review the End of Life (EOL) management of the existing portfolio of applications;
- To have overall management responsibility for the implementation and promotion into Live Production of all application development and enhancements;
- To ensure that all application development and enhancements are completed to an agreed set of business requirements, plan, budget and SLAs;
- To ensure that all necessary application support documentation is kept current and up-to-date at all times;
- Manage the delivery and performance of these SLA's, escalating issues as necessary;
- Resolve users issues raised with the IT Service Desk in accordance with the agreed service levels;
- To produce monthly management information reporting for business owners, senior managers and users including performance against SLAs;
- Proactively manage the configuration management of test and development environments to ensure their compatibility and integrity with the live production services;
- Effectively manage 3rd parties in the delivery of these application services.
- (i.e. CoreHR, AX2012, Interact, Advanced Ticketing, Website (Morse)
- Ensure that 3rd parties performance tune and monitor services to meet SLAs;
- Working with 3rd parties, proactively provide capacity planning to ensure sufficient capacity for daily systems performance, but also forecasting future demands and installing additional capacity as required without impact to the SLA performance;
- Provide monitoring, support and reporting services for all interfaces
- Attend Regional meetings to ensure colleagues are being kept up-to-date and are satisfied with IT Services.
- Assist with natiowide roll outs as required
- Log, assign and resolve Service Desk calls using the Service Desk.
- Ensure that ICT technical standard and processes are adhered to.
- To act in accordance with, and actively promote all policies and standards.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post's level of responsibility
- The ability to have a flexible approach to developing ideas and solutions, using the most appropriate tools for the job.
- The ability to produce results to demanding deadlines and work on a number of key issues simultaneously
- A keen sense of business processes, protocols and how these shape the requirements of the solution
- The ability to accurately understand and document varied requirement briefs given by key project personnel.
- The ability to work in a team and aim to achieve the common goals of ICT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and documentation
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software and associated products
- Excellent knowledge of working with ERP solutions and other line of business applications
- Knowledge of Business Solutions / Dynamics, specifically Axapta, Legend Leisure membership or other Leisure membership systems, would be a distinct advantage, although this is not essential as full training will be given if required
- Good knowledge of Service desk technologies
- Good understanding of ITIL
- Proven track record of successfully managing application support teams.
- Proven track record of working with third party application suppliers.
- Excellent experience of working in a team that deliver business objectives and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrable experience of working with diverse stake-holders, across many locations.
- Good experience of delivering small to medium IT projects
- Current driving license and access to own vehicle (Desirable).
- Able to work unsocial hours
- Ability to work flexible shift patterns
- A friendly and helpful team player is essential
- A dynamic individual with a a acn do, results driven approach and attitude
- Society member
- Demonstrates trust, openness and respect in dealings with people
- Flexible approach to tasks and workload