New Directions is a group of companies offering specialist recruitment and training services to key employment sectors. We are:
- A market leader
- Accredited Gold employer with the Investors in People
- IRP 'Best Company to Work for 2016’
- Winner of 'Best Recruitment and Training Services - Wales’ - Business Excellence Awards 2016
Overall Job Objective:
We have an exciting opportunity within our Cardiff Head office for a Payroll Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for paying workers across our group of companies. This is a numerically challenging role that would suit a natural problem solver used to working to strict deadlines.
- Administration of various Payrolls in Pegasus accounting software.
- Processing P45 and P46’s for new starters.
- Calculating and processing holiday and statutory payments.
- Processing Pension Auto Enrolment.
- Downloading tax codes/student loans online.
- Processing RTI.
- Providing telephone and email support and advice in relation to pay, PAYE and NI.
- Preparing and posting payroll journals to accounting system.
- Completing year end procedures and returns
- Accounting, payroll or related qualification.
- Excellent PC skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience of Pegasus Payroll desirable.
- A high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail skills.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- City centre location
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs.
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 after 2 years’ service, plus the opportunity to buy up to ten more.
- The opportunity to pay into our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest.
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business.
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If we do not contact you within seven days of your application being submitted you have not been successful on this occasion. New Directions maintains a database of prospective candidates. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role we will keep your details on file for a period of 6 months and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise. If you do not consent to this, please indicate on your covering letter.
New Directions is committed to equal opportunities and will be happy to make any reasonable adjustments to candidates interviewing with us.