Procurement Manager - Strategic
Acorn currently has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager to join an established national building contractor.
Swanley or Wolverhampton based
If Midlands based will need to be in Swanley a couple days of week or if based in Swanley need to be in Midlands once a week. Will need to be mobile to travel to meet with suppliers and attend site meetings.
Delivery of Operational, Strategic and Supply Chain Strategies for our client, aligned to the:
- Procurement Plan 2017
- Supply Chain Strategy & Plan 2017-2020
- Management of Strategic Procurement Team
- Management of existing Preferred Supplier and Manufacturer Relationships
- Working with Estimating, Design, Commercial and Operational teams to ensure projects are priced, specified and delivered in line with Group Agreements.
- Liaison between business units and Preferred Suppliers & Manufacturers to ensure that Value Engineering and saving opportunities are maximised.
- Tracking and Reporting of Rebate revenues monthly for each business unit, highlighting conversions and slippage against total rebate potential.
- Liaising with Manufacturers, Suppliers and Sub-Contractors to ensure converted rebates are recovered by tracking compliance and accrued values.
- Strategic Support for Work Winning and Secured Projects, working closely with Strategic and Supply Chain Divisions.
- Ensure that HSE&Q standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Learn and understand our client's way of working ensuring that the processes are complied with and adopted into your daily disciplines.
- Ensure that the registering, issuing, scanning and filing documents.
- Maintain relevant databases as required.
- General office duties.
- Manage and administer Group Car and Van Fleet
- Undertake the archiving of completed documents as required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Negotiation of Group Agreements, including:
- Management of current Group Agreements
- Third Party Agreements (TPA)
- Preferred Manufacturer Agreements (PMA)
- Preferred Supplier Agreements (PSA)
Team and background:
- Reports to Group Head of Procurement work alongside Procurement Manager and Supply Chain Manager.
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs Grade C or above to include Maths and English
- Construction and Procurement related Qualifications, including: BScHNC, NI and CIPS
- Proficient IT skills particularly Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook and keen to extend knowledge on software packages further.
- Well organised with good time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience in a Procurement role
- Can grow team with growth and success.
- Fully competent and proven success of role and evidence of putting agreements in place and evidence it's worked.
- Follow process
- Willing to travel
- Good commercial awareness
- Not a Buyer wanting to step up.
If you feel you are suitable for this role please apply on-line and upload your up to date CV.