Estates Maintenance Surveyor ( Retail )
I am now seeking an Estates Maintenance Surveyor to support my client’s retail stores due to their significant, planned growth programme. This is an exciting opportunity for an educated surveyor with relevant experience, who may be at the beginning of his/her career, to join this fast-moving operation.
The role involves extensive travel throughout the UK with some overnight stays. I am looking for an ambitious, confident, self-motivated individual who can make the role their own.
The role will involve:
• Updating and maintain the property management software system including maintenance, tenancy schedule and asset inventory.
• Managing and prioritising all planned and reactive maintenance works in a timely and cost-effective way.
• Assist with the shop fit-out programme, liaising with external contractors and Area Managers specifically attending site progress meetings with contractors, identifying and solving issues and authorising payments.
• To undertake routine store visits and identify any defects, Health & Safety or compliance issues. To devise and deliver an action plan to ensure all problems are resolved as soon as possible. This includes working with landlords, colleagues in Retail and the Health and Safety team required.
• To assist the Retail Property Manager in leasehold acquisitions, surveys and reports by drafting acquisition reports for the Trustees and monthly update reports for the Head of Retail Operations.
• To assist the Retail Property Manager with the entire retail portfolio in all Landlord & Tenant matters such as renewals, utilities, rates, service charge, tenants obligations and dilapidation's.
The ideal candidate:
• Educated to degree level with experience in relevant areas of property maintenance and, ideally, in acquisition. HND/HNC qualification in the Built Environment also required.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• IT skills including Office, Excel and ideally property management software
• Able to work independently with confidence whilst being part of a small team
• Experience of building and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues across the organisation and with external contractors.
• You must be able to manage a busy workload.
• Able to use influencing skills to achieve mutually agreed solutions.