Senior commercial analyst
A FTSE leading retail and leisure business is looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified candidate to join its commercial finance function.
You will be tasked to deliver advanced insight and value added analysis to the division which drives profitability. You will need to build strong relationships with key divisional contacts and support the operations to deliver their plans.
Main duties include:
- Ownership of weekly trading pack ensuring accurate and timely production of weekly exec report and build enhancements or additional trackers based on current business trading issues.
- Preparation of competitor and Industry reporting and analysis, benchmarking analysis vs key competitors and covering any requirements around external reporting
- Proactively identify opportunities for the division to improve profitability through insight and analysis.
- Build strong relationships with key operational contacts to provide high quality analysis that helps Operations drive improvement and build bespoke BI dashboards on Pivot stream/future self-service BI tools.
- Ensure that you are commercially aware of all key trends and activities within the division.
- Take responsibility for challenging and improving the quality of current reporting and ensure that all KPI reporting is focused and relevant.
- Responsibility for delivering improvements in modelling, forecasting and analytical techniques to improve reporting and analysis.
- Provide analytical support on key business decisions, including new business initiatives and appraisal of projects.
This is a commercial role where you will partner non finance. You will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified either in TS or Corporate finance in practice or in a commercial role in industry. Strong financial modelling skills are key as well as examples of highlighting commercial opportunity. The package is very strong and the business is a key player in its field offering good career growth opportunities.