Social Media Specialist
Kaplan Inc. is a leading international provider of online and classroom learning of educational and career services for individuals, schools, universities and businesses with global revenues of over $2 billion and over 24,000 employees.
Kaplan serves students of all ages through a wide array of offerings including higher education, test preparation, professional training, specialized education and lifelong learning. Kaplan also operates a venture capital program, Kaplan Ventures, which invests in and supports early-stage education companies. Kaplan Inc. operates business across 400+ locations in more than 30 countries. The company has operations in North America, South America, Europe, Middle-East, Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
About Kaplan International English (KIE)
KIE is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kaplan Inc, which enjoyed revenues of $600m in 2014 and employs over 4000 people worldwide. It operates 45 schools across the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, welcoming students from more than 150 countries around the world. KIE is one of the fastest growing and highest profile parts of Kaplan.
About the role
We are now looking for a highly skilled, passionate Social Media Specialist to manage our global Kaplan International English social media accounts and drive our social media strategy to achieve even greater levels of engagement and penetration.
Your responsibilities will include:
- managing Kaplan International English Global social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and SnapChat), supported by a marketing executive
- developing Kaplan international English social media strategy and driving the execution
- creating and writing social media plans to support the marketing teams’ campaign; developing a tone of voice and a promotional plan, coordinating with stakeholders across the business
- acting as a resident "social media expert", actively following and maintaining best practices, and sharing knowledge across international teams
- bringing fresh ideas to our digital presence and finding new ways for us to connect with customers and prospects in a measurable way
- ensuring content is adapted to the respective channels while maintaining consistent brand messaging
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- a passion for networking in order to connect people, content and ideas using the latest technology
- hands-on experience growing and engaging an audience via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn
- experience in social media marketing with a proven track record of running corporate social media programs
- experience with various marketing and social management and measurement platforms, e.g. Hootsuite, FalconSocial, Radian6, etc.
- top-notch communication skills, especially writing
- hands-on experience writing/editing content which adheres to SEO best practices
- a "can-do" attitude with a relentless obsession for customer satisfaction and audience engagement
- a self-starter mind-set combined with skilled and tactical execution for better ROI
- ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- experience with other social media platforms globally (VK, Weibu, YouKu, Line etc..)
- experience with managing paid social media programs
Salary and benefits
This is a full-time permanent role with a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum. Benefits include a comprehensive pension plan, access to a subsidised café and bar, health and well-being schemes and childcare vouchers. We will provide you with on-going coaching and in-house training on our systems and business processes.
Please apply via our online application form with your CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for the role.
Closing date: 14th July, 2017