Radiographer for Private Clinic
I am now seeking a Radiographer to join my client`s brand-new centre (including a detox clinic and pathology lab). The role demands a high level of responsibility as this is a very autonomous role where the candidate will be working alone most of the time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is not an exhaustive list of duties but an overview of the work required.
- To undertake and report on x-rays examinations independently and to a high standard
- To communicate effectively with other team members - reception, consultant radiologists, radiographers, others.
- To establish good rapport with referring clinicians and communicate clinical findings in a prompt manner
- To provide advice, when appropriate, for referral or further imaging or urgent referral
- To maintain stock levels of consumables in x-ray department
- To report equipment failures and incidents to Imaging Manager
- To clean and maintain x-ray equipment
- To add each new patient to Radiology Information System (RIS)
- To store all images to PACS
- To provide bookings and patient with preparation and explanation of examination.
- To give assistance and reassurance to patients
- To seek advice from when findings are abnormal
- To seek help from nurses or HCAs with patients in pain or who require a chaperone
- To ensure own personal Continual Professional Development & maintain up-to-date knowledge of MRI practices, by regularly attending and updating courses, study days and clinical meetings as needed
- To participate in clinical audits
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or Degree in Diagnostic Radiography.
- Current registration with HPC.
- Awareness of Clinical Governance, Audit, IR(ME)R, NICE and Care Quality Commission Standards
- Excellent organisational & communication skills
- An enhanced DBS
- Able to be work autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable and tactful
- Good attention to detail
- Be flexible with working hours
- Strong IT skills
- Experience in using databases
- Previous NHS experience
- Master`s Degree
- DEXA experience extremely ideal
- X-ray: 3 years
30 hours p/w