Senior Wintel Engineer Windows Server
Senior Wintel Engineer (Windows Server)
Salary: £40-59k + excellent benefits package
Requirements: Windows Server (up to 2016), PowerShell, VMware Esxi and Vcentre. Generally have extensive experience as a Senior Wintel Engineer.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Specialist who will be the leading subject matter expert (SME) for all things related to Windows Server. You will be responsible for the support and maintenance of Windows-based technical solutions, the effective governance of the Windows-Estate ensuring business needs are being met.
Are you a forward thinker and someone who wants to be at the cutting edge of Wintel based technology? As the SME you will be constantly driving forward in your area and being a fountain of knowledge in a growing company both in size and technology.
Essential skills and experience:
- Windows Server (2003-2016).
- Extensive PowerShell experience, with good scripting skills
- Active Directory
- Extensive Experience of Group policy
- VMware Esxi and Vcentre.
- HP Server / Blade / Cluster Technology.
- Exposure to SAN technology preferably Netapp or IBM SVC
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Internet protocols (FTP, HTTP(s), SMTP, SSH, Telnet, TLS/SSL, TCP, UDP, SNMP)
At least two of:
- SQL Server Database (2005, 2008, 2012) installation & management.
- Microsoft Exchange Server (2010-onwards).
- IIS, COM, web browser, .net and associated Internet/Intranet technology.
- Citrix XenApp.
- Sharepoint (2007,2013)
- SCCM (2007, 2012)
- Amazon AWS and S3 experience
- An appreciation of web services, XML standards
- An appreciation of Windows based applications.
- IT Security, TMG, Finjan, mailsweeper
- Backup software (Commvault Simpana)
- Certificate Services