Job Title: Trainee Auditor - Edinburgh
Type: Work Placement
Contract: Fixed Term - 12
Salary: £7.50 per hour / £14,000 per annum
CIPFA, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, is the professional body for people in public finance. We champion high performance in public services by translating our experience and insight into clear advice and practical services. Globally, CIPFA leads the way in global public finance by standing up for sound public financial management and good governance.
You will be placed at :-
Who are Scotland’s public sector auditor and independent of Government. They employ around 280 talented professionals who know that their work helps ensure the efficient and effective delivery of public services across Scotland.
- Supportive and friendly working environment.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Undertaking a range of administration audit duties for Audit Scotland, as directed by Audit Scotland staff.
- Maintaining the highest standard of quality at all times, dealing courteously with partners, employers, staff and trainees.
- Complying with CIPFA’s Health and Safety Policy and all relevant Health and Safety requirements on Audit Scotland’s sites and/or their client sites.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as may be agreed.
What will I learn?
- We are offering a one year placement during which time you would complete the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) level 4 qualification alongside your work. At the end of the placement, there will be the possibility of joining the Audit Scotland graduate scheme.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- Achieved or are expected to achieve good Higher Grades in English and Maths
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self awareness and confidence to work using initiative
- Ability to think laterally and creatively
Please note we are only looking for candidates who hold Higher Grades, A'level's, Diploma to undertake this apprenticeship
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter and CV and send this to Dina Khatib
Alternatively you can apply through our website
Please apply ASAP
The role with start in October 2017 with Interviews in August 2017.