Flights and Ticketing Specialist
Due to an increase in business, our client, based near Kings Cross, requires a Flights and Ticketing Specialist to handle an array of worldwide flight itineraries and fares.
The focus of this role is to book flights and ancillary travel arrangements for customers that have made a booking with the Sales team for an international sports / leisure holiday.
You must have a sound knowledge of airline reservations, ticketing principles and an ability to manually build fare quotes, alongside a working knowledge of GDS Amadeus.
Other duties include:
- Advising customers on any queries regarding their booking, or redirecting them to the relevant department
- Maintain and update relevant documents in regards to financial activity
- Liaising and advising sales agents on suitable travel options for prospective customers
- Provide sound solutions in unexpected situations in regards to customer bookings
- Accurately issuing all tickets to prevent ADMs and save costs where possible
- Providing training and daily support for the team from PNR creation to the pricing of the PNR using published and nett (CAT23/35) fares.
- To provide an out of hours coverage and support when required
- Possess a sound knowledge of airlines reservations and ticketing principles including an ability to manually build fare quotes
- A sound understanding of airline contracts and procedures
- Candidates must have minimum 3 years GDS Amadeus experience
- Knowledge of airline rules and regulations including fare rules, ticket exchanges, ticket refunds etc
- Good working knowledge of manual fare construction and airline fare rules applicable to the issuance of tickets
- Experience of manual issuance, re-issuance and re-calculations with rate desk pricing, manual fare construction
- Experience and full working knowledge of both net and published fares (Knowledge of CAT 35 /25)
- Good geographical and product knowledge of destinations, cities and airlines
- Working knowledge of EMDs and organisation of queues
- An exposure to low-cost carriers and charters is desirable.
What’s in it for you?
- £25,000pa basic salary
- 25 days holiday pa
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual Company Bonus scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Corporate gym discounts
- A vibrant and high energy working environment
- Free fruit, tea and coffee
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Summer and Christmas socials
- Extensive training and opportunities to develop in a fast-growing company!
If you think this role is for you then please send your CV today.
**Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone and if you have not heard back within 5 days then please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion***