Building Inspector Harlow
NHBC has a unique opportunity available for a Building Inspector to join the team. The role is a home based position covering the Havering, Epping Forest, Romford, Harlow, Bishops Stortford area. We are offering a salary of £34,500 - £40,000 per annum.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK. Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK is seeing a significant increase in the number of new homes being built – we’re growing our team and the opportunities here are immense. Join us and we’ll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment
TheBuilding Inspector role:
To assist in improving the quality of new homes by:
- Ensuring compliance with NHBC Standards, Building Regulations and associated legislation by inspection of homes under construction and/or conversion.
- Key stage inspections: Foundation, Superstructure, First Fix (Pre-Plaster), Pre-Handover
- Working with site personnel to develop good customer relations and promote the objectives and services of the Company.
- Deliver a service to NHBC Building Control Services Ltd in accordance with the business area Service Level Agreement and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure customer and statutory requirements are met.
NHBC Building Inspector roles are home based and due to the nature of these roles, a full UK driving licence is essential.
Our idealBuilding Inspector:
Typically qualified to BTEC Level 3, HNC, HND, NVQ Level 6 or equivalent in a construction related discipline with relevant construction industry experience. Associate membership of an appropriate recognised professional institute would be beneficial (CIOB, CABE, RICS).
You are likely to have experience of the inspection of new homes. Ideally this will have been within a supervisory / management / regulatory role. You have the ability to make pragmatic and value decisions and be able to work with the minimum of supervision in line with established policies and procedures. You can demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills and able to prepare detailed inspection reports.
Typical background for a Building Inspector could be Site Manager, Assistant Site Manager, Surveyor, Clerk of Works, Bricklayer, Carpenter, Joiner or similar.
We offer our Building Inspector a fantastic benefits package!
- £34,500 - £40,000 (depending on experience, home location and including remote worker allowance).
- 6% bonus.
- Company car.
- 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Click ‘apply’ today for the opportunity to join the UK’s leading independent standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes as our Building Inspector.
NHBC is committed to the promotion of Equal Opportunities