Clinical Optometrist - Colchester, Essex
Are you looking for a new role; maybe just a change of scenery and/or a more clinical environment? Keep reading!
This fantastic opportunity is based in Colchester, Essex and promises to be the next big step in your career. Our client is looking for someone fully qualified with a BSc or Master’s degree in Optometry. You will ideally have commercial Optometry experience and understand how best to diagnose, advise on, and assist with optical abnormalities.
You’ll be working alongside your colleagues to offer all-round support to my client’s customers and enjoy access to their comprehensive CET (Continuing Education and Training) programme. You will have the freedom to share your clinical and commercial experience with your colleagues as you coach, motivate and inspire them. If you haven’t already proven your leadership/management ability, bring the right attitude and we’ll get you where you need to go.
Career Progression and Pathways
Career development is all about knowing where you want to be and where you would like to end up! That is why this position is so exciting for the right candidate. My client will help you take the right steps to get where you want - be that a leadership role, a more clinically orientated position or a training role. In an industry with typically fewer progression opportunities, it’s exciting to know my client is here to change that!
You will have the opportunity to apply for internal roles, such as:
• Clinical Governance Optometrist
• Research Optometrist
• Professional Services Manager/Optometrist
• Leadership roles - including Optometrist Manager, Regional Manager and/or Director level roles
• Support positions, including advanced Optometrist positions
• HR, Finance and/or commercial roles are all available
You will have full access to online training, which provides all your learning materials in one convenient place for simple, self-driven learning. As we learn best together, the online training resource provides plenty of opportunities for working collaboratively, including forum discussions, access to blogs and learning material contributions.
Did you know the number of Independent Prescribing Optometrists in the UK is increasing? It’s excellent news and can only bring a better clinical experience to patients! My client is looking at helping more high-street Optometrists gain the IP qualification; they can offer sponsorship, part and full, for the course and can give paid time off, allowing you to be the best you can be.
What are the benefits?
What is to like about working for our client? Perhaps some of the below reasons will help you to understand what a great opticians and business they are running. It’s quite a long list…
- Support network - We all need a little support now and again. Be that with clinical or management support, my client is always on hand to lend some much-needed support/training. You’ll have an extensive network of support colleagues, including field-based clinical governance Optometrists, a regional training team and a dedicated professional standards team based at their main Head Office. These colleagues are there to help you throughout the process and through every stage of your career progression!
- Flexible working - My client is fully aware of how hard it can be to juggle home and work life. That is why they are offering flexible working arrangements to help you to balance your work and domestic responsibilities more effectively.
- Professional people need professional equipment - Another great part of working in this role is the amazing equipment and tools my client offers! They continually invest in state of the art ophthalmic equipment to improve your working life and ensure they offer the best possible experience for their patients/customers.
- Location supplements and relocation packages - My client recognises that sometimes it’s harder to recruit talented optical staff in some parts of the UK than in others (believe me, this is a true statement!). That is why my client has the discretion to offer a location supplement to Optometrists (in addition to a monthly salary) in recognition of local market rates. They also pay relocation packages that recognise the costs associated with moving house and ensure Optometrists aren’t financially disadvantaged.
- Potential extra earnings - Demand for optical services is always high. However, my client never likes to let customers down, which is why they offer you the opportunity to work extra shifts in addition to your regular hours during busy periods. Of course, you’ll earn above your hourly rate for this, plus there are often additional bonus incentives at key times throughout the year. You’ll also have the option to sell back some of your annual leave each year - which, once again, enables you to earn extra cash! It really is your choice…
- Offers - Fancy getting 50% to 90% off for restaurants, hairdressing, theatre tickets and much more?! Of course you do, which is why my client works in conjunction with all the major providers of entertainment to reduce the cost for its staff. You can also collect loyalty points to either transfer as cash directly into your bank account, redeem on purchases online or add to a high-street gift card of your choice. They can even offer childcare vouchers with tax relief benefits.
- Pre-registration supervisor rewards - All my client’s Optometrists can supervise a pre-registration Optometrist. If you do this, you’ll be rewarded with an honorarium payment as a thank you for supporting future colleagues. In addition, you can claim back your college membership fees.
- Professional fees paid - Professional registration is critical for all Optometrists to work in my client’s practices so they’ll pay your GOC and professional indemnity fees.
- Sick pay - Their sick pay scheme ensures that you’re supported if you can’t work due to illness or injury, which is reassuring during such difficult times