Automotive Technical Manager
Automotive Technical Manager
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
TDI Tuning Ltd is a dynamic and fast paced leading global player in the automotive tuning sector. As part of the Company’s strategic growth, an exciting new role has arisen within the technical team for a Technical Manager to lead the team. With various new product ranges in the pipeline and current product upgrades required, the Company is very keen to strengthen its technical team.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will manage the technical team on a day to day basis and be tasked with ensuring the team delivers new product designs on time as well as supporting existing product ranges. This will be a broad brief from involvement in concept generation and modelling, through to testing and product customer support.
In addition, you will work closely with technical team members and the Technical Director to support both trade and retail customers with technical queries; both pre and post sale and provide vehicle installation services.
The duties as the Automotive Technical Manager will be varied. However, the key tasks and responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage the Technical Team on a day to day basis, ensuring that processes and procedures are followed at all times.
- Working in conjunction with the Technical Director, to lead the technical team in the design, manufacture and assembly of new products, taking into consideration key usability and engine suitability by analysing and optimising the systems.
- Identifying and actioning any improvements required to existing tuning software and hardware.
- Responsible for the quality of products by overseeing the assembly process and ensuring any technical issues are recorded, investigated and resolved quickly and efficiently and preventing re-occurrence.
- Liaise with Technical Engineers to trouble shoot any complex technical issues and ensure a prompt resolution.
- Provide both telephone, face to face and written support to customers in dealing with a wide range of technical matters.
- Collaboration in developing business strategy and business model from a product perspective.
- Document new features for implementations and release notes.
- Install and test tuning devices when required.
Key skills required in becoming the Automotive Technical Manager:
- Ideally 3+ years in a managerial position.
- Attention to detail.
- Leadership – Ability to manage a team.
- Strong customer focus, ability to articulate customer needs and translate these into user stories.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to converse at various levels from technical to management.
- Market research.
- Open to new technologies, using whatever is the best tool for solving the problem at hand.
- You must be able to thrive in a small, open and collaborative team, where the best ideas can come from anyone. You’re confident and articulate about what you know and what you don’t.
- Excellent understanding of modern petrol and diesel engines.
The successful candidate will ideally have a degree in Motorsport, Engineering or Automotive Engineering. You should also work well under pressure, be quick to learn, IT literate, be analytical, have a natural ability and desire to problem solve, be diplomatic, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal) and strong technical knowledge; preferably gained within the automotive sector.
Experience of vehicle tuning and/or vehicle electronics and an interest in cars in general would be extremely beneficial.
Flexibility to travel in the UK and internationally as and when required is a must.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing business in a thriving environment with excellent career prospects. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration, pension and free onsite parking. Full training will be provided.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria for the Automotive Technical Manager role then please apply now!