A not for profit business based in Leatherhead are urgently seeking a FinancialController to join their busy finance team on a permanent basis.
As the Financial Controller you will be expected to take lead and deliver dynamic and proactive management, whilst carrying out accurate financial accounting and improving financial controls.
You will need to be a qualified accountant with around 5 years post qualification experience within a non for profit or NHS background.
Duties for Financial Controller
- Preparation and production of the annual accounts in accordance with statutory and governance requirements, including the co-ordination of all department information required
- Extensive specialist knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS) and principles with the ability to interpret, apply and explain them in non-routine situations
- Experience of analysing highly complex financial information and evaluating the impact on the business
- Responsible for dealing with the balance sheet, cash and financial accounts information for the Board
- Be responsible for monitoring of cashflow and cashflow forecasts
- Full management of the financial accounts team, including the key areas of accounts payable/receivable, credit control, including reviews and regular appraisals
Skills for Financial Controller
- Must have strong background in IFRS
- Qualified accountant ACCA/ CIMA/ ACA
- Experience in a senior finance role with a not for profit environment
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.