Estimator - R&M Social Housing - Permanent – Orpington - Up To £60k Basic Plus Package.
Currently seeking an experienced Estimator to join a large social housing maintenance contractor based in Orpington. The role would be to Estimate and accurately price tenders for a variety of responsive maintenance contracts within Social Housing. This role could suit someone who is exceptional with data analysis and a reasonable understanding of R&M projects (including Gas). They would be based out of the Orpington office but the client may be flexible on this.
- To review and understand tender information and subsequent tender clarifications
- To raise necessary tender clarification to support pricing
- Can analyse large volumes of data and to determine various factors including:
- Operative productivity
- Number of repairs per property
- In conjunction with operational teams, prepare a realistic and challenging preliminary cost model
- To present the tender bid model to the bidding team in a clear comprehensive manner (Tender settlement)
- To attend and advise operational teams of pricing methodology at tender hand over stage, highlighting areas of opportunity and concern
My client provides facilities management, consultancy, project management and a range of specialist services that connect people with innovation and technology; helping our clients go beyond FM to the Connected Workspace. They work in partnership with organisations to deliver long-term value, offering a wide range of services - from real estate and energy consultancy, compliance, risk assessment. They manage and maintain some of the nation's most recognised landmarks, high street buildings and even homes in your community.
- Responsive maintenance NHF schedules of rates experience necessary
- Experience working in the Housing refurbishment market
- Must be highly competent in the use of MS Excel
- Must have a good understanding of TUPE
- Experience of different R&M tender models would be preferred
- HND or HNC in Quantity Surveying or Estimating
Position: Estimator - Responsive Repairs - Social Housing
Salary: £35,000 - £60,000 + Package