Support Worker - Waking Nights (Part Time)
Options Group and Hillcrest Children’s services form part of Outcomes First Group who employ c2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of care and education services to children and adults with autism, complex needs and behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Due to the breadth of our services we are able to adapt to the needs of the individual at different points in time. This enables us to provide a range of care options within a journey of support for our children, young people and adult and their families. We share every step of that journey with them.
Options Kinsale offers an integrated residential, education and care package for children between 8 and 19 years with a wide range of complex needs, including; autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, dyspraxia and ADHD, as well as impaired social or cognitive functioning due to early life trauma and attachment difficulties. We have a dedicated staff team who are focused on the delivery of high quality, child centred, bespoke packages of care and education. We are currently recruiting a Part TimeResidential SupportWorkers - Waking Nights to join our dedicated team with a starting salary £8,664.50 p.a. (pro rata to reflect part time hours, FTE - £17,329 p.a.) Working hours - 10:00pm - 8:00am 2 shifts on following by 6 rest days, an average of 21.5 hours per week plus 4 hours per month continued professional development.
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIERNCE NECESSARY AS FULL TRAINING IS PROVIDED
Are you caring and compassionate, and keen to work with children and young people with challenging and complex behaviour?
Following a thorough 2 week induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Regular checks on the young people during the night with due regard to their privacy
- Promoting life skills and independence in the home
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
- Documenting all young people’s activities, reporting and recording key aspects of their care
- Carrying out domestic duties including laundry, cleaning and cooking
- Be willing to train to Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Children or Young People) or equivalent - funded by Options
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence and have transport to and from work place
- Keen to work with children with complex and challenging behaviour
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work night shifts, including weekends
If you are a caring and compassionate individual, looking to start a new career as a Residential Support Worker - Waking Nights, please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary £8,664.50 - £10,196.16 p.a. (FTE £17,329 - £20,392.32 p.a), career progression and an excellent benefits package to include: Pension, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Retail Discount Packages and Onsite free parking.
"Options is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment"