Assisted Living Support Worker
Assisted Living Support Worker - Innovative Independent Charity
Field Based (travelling to sites throughout Exeter and East Devon)
Are you a personable care professional looking to make a real difference and help get lives back on track? Want to be the vital link as an Assisted Living Support Worker and move people on the road to independence? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We are Mind in Exeter and East Devon, a local independent charity. We reach out to anyone who needs us and believe that we are stronger in partnership. We promote emotional and mental wellbeing, challenge stigma and discrimination and empower individuals through positive, recovery-focused services and projects.
Now, we’re looking for a number of Assisted Living Support Workers to join our dedicated team on a full or part time basis, working day shifts.
- Salary of £15,600
- Work Tablet
- Daytime shifts only
- Personal development opportunities
- An exciting role where every day is different
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
Once you join this innovative not-for-profit, you’ll discover the achievement and reward in helping people to progress and move on to independent living.
Within a supportive and welcoming environment, you’ll receive a comprehensive induction, as well as ongoing training to increase your skill-set and ensure that you succeed.
We have both full and part time roles available and working hours are very flexible, so you can tailor your role to fit around your existing responsibilities.
As an Assisted Living Support Worker, you’ll work to fulfil our supported living contracts at our properties in Exeter.
You will enable our clients to move from residential care, through the property and onwards to independent living throughout a two year period.
Specifically, you will:
- Deliver courses to enable clients to manage their mental health, access universal support, develop independent living skills and maintain and set up a tenancy
- Act as a key worker for clients, agreeing goals and activities that will maximise recovery and independence times and reviewing progress
- Support and enable the client to form positive relationships with their family and friends
- Direct clients to access information and advice that will support their achievement of their goals
- Sharing information across our organisation and externally regarding a client’s wellbeing, progress and needs
To join this hard-working and passionate team, you will need:
- Experience of working in the care industry
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport
- Confidence using MS Word
- Great communication skills
- The dedication to support people to recover and move forward in their lives
Ideally, you will have experience of working with people with mental health difficulties, but this is by no means essential.
We’re eager to hear from candidates who’ve worked as an Assisted Living Support Worker, Key Worker, Support Worker, Rehabilitation Worker, Supported Living Worker, Care Worker, Supported Living Assistant, or Support Assistant.
As part of the selection process, you will be expected to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we positively encourage applications from people who have experienced mental health issues.
So, if you are looking to make a real difference as an Assisted Living Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.