My client is seeking a Commis Chef to join their kitchen team, based at the foot of the South Downs within stunning surroundings.
The role is based on working 40 hours per week, predominately on straight shifts!
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Role
- Set up and prepare ingredients for services as directed by the Head Chef or Sous Chef.
- Cook food for each service, ensuring a high standard of quality at all times.
- Present food and dishes in the servery area, ensuring that food displays are appetising and well stocked at all times.
- Ensure that food preparation areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that requisitions for food are received by the Head Chef and that freezers and refrigerators are replenished as appropriate.
- Store and rotate in date order all deliveries in the appropriate areas as required.
- Comply with the food safety policy and Health & Safety policy at all times and ensure temperature checks are carried out and recorded at all times as directed.
- Assist in the service of food and beverages on counter if required.
- Ensure high standards of customer service are maintained at all times.Person specification
- Experience in a similar capacity
- NVQ 1/2 in professional cookery or equivalent
- Sound understanding of food hygiene – certification is desirable
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A passion for food and food service
The role offers a competitive salary, straight shifts to aid work/life balance as well as benefits including 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays), free staff meals, contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and free/discounted places on short courses.