Pearson Whiffin Recruitment are working exclusively with a well-established business in Maidstone and we are seeking an Operations Supervisor to join their team.
This role will lead the operational yard and installations team based from the Kent depot and shall be responsible for the planning and resourcing of the depot, plant equipment and personnel to ensure that the Company operates efficiently and effectively whilst exceeding Health, Safety, Quality, Environmental and Customer requirements.
- Leading the safe operations within the yard and installations on client's sites
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken to a safe system of work
- Ensuring that all installations are planned and resources effectively
- Conducting site visits prior to, during and following completion of works (where required)
- Maintaining the schedule & delivery of all equipment, tools and supplies
- Managing the work flow process, raising job cards and ensuring these and associated documentation is completed correctly
- Ensuring equipment, tools and materials are loaded onto vehicles
- Retrieving all equipment, tools and materials and returning
- Preparing parts and equipment for next jobs
- Maintenance, testing and calibration for tools, equipment, plant and vehicles
- Reporting any defects in vehicles and plant and to monitor safety performance
- Monitoring and organising consumables, including stock control, management, organising periodic stock takes and inputting of new products and stock onto reports
- To manage your team through effective leadership, offering development support
- Ensure individuals are aware of objectives and their contribution to the team
- To proactively work jointly with all departments and colleagues across the range of functions
- To ensure we deliver the highest level of customer service on a consistent basis
- Managing operational rotas - workers and driver hours, to ensure compliance
Essential Skills, Competencies, Qualifications and Behaviours Necessary to Perform this Role
- Supervisory experience leading teams in a high risk environment (construction / engineering etc.).
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation (IOSH / NEBOSH/ SMSTS etc.)
- Team Commitment
- Demonstrate eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards
- Effectively manage own time to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills and a professional attitude and approach to work.
- Good computing skills with MS packages, Word, Excel etc.
Immediate Interviews & Start Available!
Pearson Whiffin Recruitment are a recruitment agency working on behalf of their client.