Engineering Shift Lead - Electrical Bias
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Shift Lead to manage a team of engineers to ensure compliance and professional, cost effective service delivery is maintained.
This role is to manage a 3 strong team of shift engineers and subcontractors maintaining Southmead hospital hard FM facility. The shift is 4 no 12 hour shifts of days, 4 days off, and then 4 no 12 hours of nights working through weekends and bank holidays
Responsible for Service Delivery of the engineer team
- Assist with the recruitment and supervision of staff
- Produce rotas for the engineering team
- Proactive reporting of all Health and Safety issues
- To manage the issue and upkeep of PPE to the team.
- To ensure that the operative team are appropriately dressed at all times whilst on duty.
- To manage stock levels and equipment
- To conduct job chats with the operative team to identify training requirements.
- Liaise with the client to ensure customer satisfaction with the service provided.
- To act as an interface between the Operative team and the client and to report issues arising to Line Manager
Desired skills and experience:
Experience & ability to operate permit to work & work authorisation systems in line with client requirements.
Able & willing to work towards & achieve Authorised Person accreditation in field(s) of expertise is required
Operational knowledge & experience of Building Management Systems is also preferred.
Operational knowledge & experience of CFM systems is preferred.
Ability to manage teams, together with planned & reactive tasks to achieve contractual SLA's
Willing to work with site management team to drive individual performance of both yourself & others.
Willing to undertake & complete the appropriate 1 to 1 's.
Willing to complete people management activities such sickness return to work but not limited too.
Ability to complete & deliver the annual PDR - when required
Willing to undertake site based activities outside of normal hours when required & in agreement with site management team
Ability to understand financial budgets & discretionary spend
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of Healthcare Environments, including the following:-
- High Voltage Electrical Systems, Low Voltage Electrical Systems, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Fire Suppression Systems.
- Supervising a small team of Engineers and Specialist Sub Contractors, the successful candidate will be responsible for the SLAs and KPIs