Domiciliary Care Branch Manager
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work for an Organisation with a difference?
Built on the back of highly successful foundations Helping Hands is one of the fastest growing care companies within the UK. At the beginning of 2015 Helping Hands had 5 Domiciliary Care branches across the UK, we now have over 50 and are continuously looking to set up new branches.
We are now recruiting a Branch Manager to develop, lead and manage our functioning branch based in Eastbourne. At Helping Hands we pride ourselves on providing high quality, truly person centred care and support. We ensure that our managers have the same embedded qualities and truly share our passion for delivering excellent care to a wide range of customers. You will operate in an open and engaging culture where people really feel that they have a voice and can make a difference to the business. As a Domiciliary Care Branch Manager we want you to succeed and will support you at all times.
As a Domiciliary Care Branch Manager for Helping Hands we ask a lot, but what you get in return is a chance to develop your own branch and team whilst working with a highly engaged and dedicated senior management team, receiving support from our enthusiastic and experienced Head Office functions throughout. We recognise our Branch Managers knowledge and experience and allow them to shape the success of their branch, they have a voice and it is listened to.
So as a Registered Branch Manager what do you need to do to?
- Be responsible for the development, growth and operational performance of your branch, the service, staff and carers out in the field.
- Promote, drive and grow brand new care packages.
- Promote the highest standards of care and service - ensuring quality standards are maintained within all aspects of the business.
- Drive business forward to achieve/exceed KPI’s and targets
- Develop and manage relationships with clients, local authority, customers and their families
- Seek opportunities to strengthen professional relationships with business critical individuals and identify business development opportunities and networks.
- Take accountability for branch and carer compliance ensuring CQC regulations and company policies are maintained.
- Implement the Helping Hands complaints procedure and handle complaints effectively against policy.
- Be responsible for the recruitment and retention of staff
Who You Are
You may have thought about how rewarding life could be if you could run a branch the right way with the right values and cultures embedded from the very beginning now you have the opportunity to do just that!
Successfully managing a branch with Helping Hands requires someone who is passionate, dedicated, driven and ambitious and has a clear focus on progressing and growing their service. You will already have experience of running a domiciliary care service alongside evidence of business growth in the private market and working towards targets and KPIs. Strong leadership and management qualities are essential, as is a dynamic and flexible approach to the role.
- Must have experience in a management position within the domiciliary care sector
- Must hold a current British driving licence and have own vehicle
Founded in 1989, Helping Hands Homecare is an award-winning provider of live-in and hourly visiting care. We have experienced unprecedented growth over the last 10 years and are currently one of the fasted growing live in care companies in the UK. We are committed to providing the best level of care to our customers and equally to employing the best people.