Build Technician - 6 Month contract
Our client is looking for an apprentice served engineer or toolmaker with ultra high vacuum experience to work as part of the production team responsible for building all products from start to final test. This will include research systems from the wiring stage up to and including the start of final test and or the building and final testing of machines up to and including final packing.
This role is for a 6 month contract.
- Mechanical fitting skills
- Basic electrical skills
- Cable routing and fitting of electrical and electronic instrumentation
- Handling and fitting of UHV components
- Handling and assembly of precision UHV components
- Handling and assembly of precision mechanical assemblies
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers and programs
- UHV helium leak checking
- Computer skills - Outlook, MS word and Excel
- Ability to follow specific build and test procedures
- Advantage software
- Experience in UHV vacuum techniques and requirements
- Working with High Voltage power supplies
- Experience of working with 3rd angle drawings/BS308
- Organised with good house-keeping skills
- High degree of reliability and punctuality
- Self motivation
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn’t always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities.