Group Payroll Manager
We have an exciting new opportunity to join this leading Financial Services business based in Reigate for a Group Payroll Manager to join the business.
About The Role
As the Group Payroll Manager you will be instrumental in leading and managing an efficient and effective Group Payroll function, responsible for the delivery of frameworks for pension and benefits provisions.
Within this role you will tasked with supporting and developing the payroll team and ensuring the prompt and accurate processing of the payroll. Additionally, you will be responsible for the company’s flexible benefits plan.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead, coach and manage the Group Payroll team
- Be responsible for the full employee payroll function including starters, leavers, overtime, benefit allocations and other payroll related information
- Be accountable for the HMRC submissions including statutory payments, Pension, CSA and Attachment of Earnings
- Tax year-end payroll processing including payroll system upgrades, HMRC reporting, P60’s, P11D’s etc.
- Identifying changes in payroll and pension legislation, processing changes and communication across the group
- Plus a host of additional duties…
About Our Client
This role is working for a growing financial services business that has gone from strength to strength since it initially started. The business now has a turnover of over £1BN and is continuing to grow.
We are looking for individuals that have extensive knowledge of Payroll and Benefits administration, including HMRC legislation, tax and NI rates, SSP and SMP.
The following skills, qualifications and experiences are required:
- Currently hold or are studying towards a recognised Payroll qualification
- Have experience from within a Group Payroll environment
- Demonstrable understanding of current HMRC legislation
- Leadership and management experience, with the ability to motivate staff
- Excellent data analysis and communication skills
Things You Should Know
This role is working for an excellent business that will support you and give you the opportunity to grow and progress. You will be joining them within a new position and will be able to make this role your own from day 1.
Commutable from: Burgess Hill, Caterham, Chertsey, Cobham, Crawley, Croydon, Dorking, East Grinstead, Epsom, Esher, Gatwick, Guildford, Haywards Heath, Horley, Horsham, Kingston, Leatherhead, Purley, Redhill, Reigate, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Sutton, Tonbridge, Weybridge, Woking.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)