Assistant Category Manager CIPS Support
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious procurement professional to further better their career as a Category Manager. This role is to assistant in the procurement team; providing support for purchasing, and general procurement activity. You will attend meetings dealing with key stakeholders and third party suppliers, contractual agreements and tender support of goods and services. The successful candidate will be involved in the data analysis of procurement spend. Full MCIPS training and support will be provided by the client.
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- Establish supplier management and areas of process for improvement to gain maximum efficiency.
- Work alongside the senior stakeholders, procurement team and continuously seek to improve worth by building robust and strong relationships.
- Develop, build and maintain supplier engagement within the category management framework through appraisal, performance monitoring to ensure business objectives are met.
- Provide support through the completion of the procurement process - from start to finish.
- Assist in the creation of category plans, strategy documents and process evaluation reports.
- Carry out spend and data analysis.
- High attention to detail
- A good and clear understand of the procurement process.
- Exceedingly good presentational skills
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Communication skills and passion to ensure that procurement is perceived as a positive within a business.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.