Senior IT Technical Trainer
Senior Technical IT Trainer - Growing IT Training Provider
Midlands/West Midlands - homebased but travel will be necessary on a rota basis to conduct testing with apprentices
to £35k Dep on experience - Interviewing asap
Permanent Full Time Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, excellent benefits, 25 days holiday, incentives, excellent training, support to to gain further qualifications and full team support
Our award winning training provider have a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join their Training Team as their Midlands based Senior Technical IT Trainer to provide professional quality training for learners to achieve their 3 and 4 IT Professional apprenticeship qualifications. You will be the apprentices mentor and offer pastoral care and always be on hand. In order to apply you will need to have had some skype/call experience.
Your role will be to contribute to the day to day operation of the IT Level 3 & 4 programmes working with the Head of Training & Assessment and the Curriculum Lead ensuring that the curriculum is delivered efficiently and effectively while providing professional and high quality technical training as part of the IT Apprenticeship frameworks and Standards; inclusive of knowledge modules, competency assessment and Functional Skills.
Role and responsibilities over the phone with apprentices will be;
- To support change, development and opportunities within the department
- To support growth within the organisation
- To ensure that IT Programme content is regularly reviewed and updated. Ensuring the curriculum is developed to provide learners with access to the skills necessary to support their achievement, including access to Functional Skills
- To provide effective support to Technical and Junior Technical Trainers
- To manage resources in collaboration with the Curriculum Lead, including the deployment of resources required for effective and innovative curriculum delivery
- This rewarding role is critical to the company’s business growth plans which is to support hundreds of apprentices through their IT and Digital apprenticeships in 2017/2018 all over the country. In 2016 our client helped over 650 learners complete their apprenticeship in IT Pro, Software and Web Development or Social Media and Digital Marketing.
- A proven track record of relevant experience of delivering technical training with an infrastructure background
- Sound Technical Knowledge with an ability to facilitate learning, Microsoft Operating Systems such as Windows 7, 8 & 10
- Hold and be willing to work towards relevant vendor qualifications such as Microsoft (MCP, MCSA, MCSE), CompTIA (A+, Network +, Server +) Cisco (CCNA, CCNP), Server+, Security+
- Proven credentials in a driven environment with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Appropriate academic or professional IT qualifications -Essential
- A teaching and/or assessors qualification
- Experience of delivering apprenticeship frameworks and/or standards
The UK IT industry is on the rise with e-Skills predicting an employment growth of 2.5% per year for the next five years and The Sector Skills Council estimating IT employment to grow as much as five times the national average so why not be a part of this great sector and develop your career with an amazing employer today.
Do you have strong work ethics and have a desire to work in a fast paced customer focused environment? Are you ready to work for a dynamic award winning fast growing organisation? Our client are an award winning well established company with a great future. To apply for the role of Senior IT Technical Trainer please email your cv
Tina Lacey Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency dedicated to the skills, training and welfare to work sectors nationally. We are committed to giving full free pre-interview advice and guidance right throughout the interview process.