Compliance and Risk Manager
Business Risk Manager
Salary: Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
About Us: Our Client is a FTSE 100 Wealth Management company with £100bn of client funds under our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded 'Britain's Most Admired Company - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
Main Purpose of Job:
- Ensures the Head of Business and Area Manager Business Risk are appraised of progress in relation to the management of existing key risks
- Liaises with the Field Management Team to ensure mechanisms and action plans are in place (and their effectiveness reviewed) to successfully manage the Business Unit’s key risks
- Assists in the communication of key regulatory issues to the Partnership where requested
- Liaises with Office Administration regarding the maintenance of the required Business Unit Risk Management records
- Maintains close working relationships with the Field Management Team
- Provides feedback and coaching (on a one-to-one or group basis) in relation to learning needs identified during business filing and/or le checking regarding technical competency and/or quality of documentation
- Provides feedback and coaching in relation to the outcome of Partner Consultancy visits (where appropriate)
- Delivers regulatory training where required to the Partners including members of their Practices
- Provides a service oriented approach, which adds value to the Partnership whilst maintaining the safety of the organisation
- Answers queries/provides data to the Area Manager Business Risk, Head of Field Risk, Group Risk and the Business Assurance Team
- Liaises with potential new recruits and support staff of new and existing Partners, the Partnership Development team, Client Liaison and Partnership Recruitment departments
- Ensures the Management Development Programme (incorporated in the Risk Management meeting process) is applied and managed effectively within the Business Unit.
- Investigates any issues that arise in conjunction with the Accreditation process at Business Unit level.
- Informs FMT of any relevant Partner development issues identified.
- Audits the quality and quantity of the Field Management Team T&C scheme documentation (including Financial Monitoring) and provides feedback to improve competency where required
- Undertakes Financial Monitoring meetings with selected 'at partnerships
- Supports the Head of Business with the requirements and outcome of the Area Manager Business Risk themed visits.
- Provides ongoing oversight and assists the Head of Business with the corporate objective of achieving and/or maintaining an appropriate compliance rating.
- Supports the Head of Business in relation to the Risk Management induction of new members of Field Management.
- With guidance from the Area Manager Business Risk/Head of Group Compliance undertakes any action necessary to investigate thoroughly and fairly all significant issues arising within the Business Unit.
- Protects the Company’s compliance culture.
- Issues procedural breaches where necessary and analyses trends in breaches received by the Partnership - puts in place solutions to stop further breaches.
- Audits client money records.
- Manages complaints tracking, Partner responses, trend analysis of complaints - puts in place training/development/bulletins to highlight key issues at local level to the Partners and tries to prevent further complaints.
- Periodically reviews promotional approach to include on-line marketing, mailings and websites.
- Monitors the Partner Activity report and prompts further information Gives guidance on shared premises issues/introducer's/accountants and solicitors etc.
- Attends ad hoc Corporate project groups as required by Head of Business, Head of Group Compliance or Partnership Director.
- Via personal development, ensures all core accreditations are obtained and retained. Essentials include the Certificate in Financial Planning and the Certificate in Mortgage Advice CF1-6 and working towards Diploma in Financial Planning.
- Attends Field Risk Forums, Business Unit, Area and national meetings.
- Conducts risk management for other Business Units when requested.
Uses Management Information provided, performs trend analysis and monitoring for early identification of risk for Business Unit.
Manages the maintenance of the FORSTAR system
Committee/Other Body Involvement
- Attends ad hoc Corporate committee groups as required by Head of Business, Head of Group Compliance or Partnership Director
- Provides risk consultancy for Business Unit ensuring that appropriate quality standards are set and maintained across the Unit • Ensures personal skills and knowledge levels are maintained and improved on an ongoing basis in order to perform the tasks and functions of the role • Maintains appropriate IT skills
- Reports to the Area Manager Business Risk with dotted line to Head of Business
- Operates within the budgets agreed by Head of Business and Area Manager Business Risk
How we Reward You:
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance for you and your family, life assurance, equity participation opportunities, and an attractive holiday allowance, to name but a few.