Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Your salary: £42,000 - £55,000
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Michael Stevens)
Who you'll be working for:
Our client is one of the UK's most recognized and respected Construction Companies with more than 100 years of Industry experience and a proven record of successfully delivering major landmark projects in the UK and globally. With an in-house M&E design and delivery division working closely with the Construction Arm this is the opportunity to join an employer of choice with excellent long term career prospects, a wide diverse portfolio of clients, projects & sectors and all at the forefront of Construction innovation with a real conscious focus on employee development and progression.
Some of your responsibilities:
To assist in the technical, quality and engineering issues that arise during pre-construction through to installation stage ensuring that solutions support the delivery of the project to time, cost and quality criteria. A background in Mechanical Building Services is essential.
- Undertake engineering input into the project strategic plan
- Participate in the review of the design for build ability
- Check and approve working drawings and details
- Input and comment on the form of construction, construction details, specification, issues, etc.
- Respond to technical queries
- Selection and preparation of major items of equipment
- Integration of project engineering, procurement and installation activities
- Implement compliance with both project and internal documentation i.e. IMS, PEP and KPIs
- Ensure the works are completed in compliance with inspection and test plans and method statements
- Maintain records of progress including diaries, letters, emails, notices, compliance documentation, as-builts and computer data
You must have:
- Demonstrable experience as a mechanical engineer within a similar environment and project type new build/mixed used/high end.
- Working knowledge of materials, specification and industry working practices.
- Background working on major projects desirable
- Educated to HNC level of equivalent essential
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
Please get in touch with Michael Stevens on