Business Development Manager
A rewarding Business Development opportunity is available for an individual with strong ties in the global exhibitions and events sectors and knowledge of digital marketing tech. You'll lead the charge on European business development for a growing events industry software provider. You'll need to be a confident B2B salesperson with experience in enterprise sales and superb knowledge of the events industry.
This position is for an exciting events software company, targeting marketing and events professionals in the global events sector. As the sole representative for Europe, you'll build and manage a successful complex sales strategy, driving the success of the platform in the region.
What you'll be doing:
- Using your existing relationships within the events industry to develop new business in Europe
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with event organisers
- Attending conferences, meetings and industry events - putting a face to the name
- Researching, identifying and targeting new sales leads
- Establishing the needs of clients and adding value
- Working alongside the marketing function to effectively combine a sales and marketing strategy
- Developing and negotiating contracts as necessary
- Developing reports and sales projections
- A winning personality and the ability to quickly and confidently build relationships in both formal and informal settings
- A solid understanding of digital marketing strategy and technologies
- A good solid network of business contacts in the exhibitions / event industry - particularly across Europe
- Proven strategic sales or commercial experience within the events sector
- The ability to plan and manage your own workload - remaining organised and professional in your approach
- The ability to present and persuade - with proven ability to win B2B contracts / tenders
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This is an exciting startup with a platform that is gathering a huge amount of interest in the global events sector
- Salary on offer is between £60,000 - £75,000 with expected on-target earnings of £120,000 of more
The working location is flexible and remote opportunities may be available. Contact us for more details.