The purpose of the role is to ensure loan applications are underwritten efficiently, at optimum cost and in line with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and quality standards. The successful candidate will provide meticulous attention to detail along with excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
What you will do:
- Build Relationships with Retail Branches, Key Account Managers, Digital & Connect and Intermediaries.
- Manage own caseload and underwrite cases in accordance with company policy/guidelines
- Keep up to date with and apply current regulatory, legal and compliant practices.
- Work alongside team members to ensure personal objectives together with departmental goals are achieved.
- Use and exercise own authorisation level allocated and (where appropriate) lending mandate in accordance with Board Controls & Procedures Manual, Appendix J and Lending Policy.
- To ensure your own values and behaviours reflect the principles of achieving fair customer outcomes and that you encourage and drive this culture within your team. To take action should team members not adhere to these principles relevant to your area.
- Maintain an awareness of the Society’s policies and procedures and adhere to them.
- Promote and embrace a culture of continuous improvement being open and proactive to improvements and carrying out improvements in line with the corporate methodology.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for motivated individuals whose work supports the fair treatment of Customers and demonstrate our commitment to deliver the right outcomes and a consistent approach to lending. Building relationships with intermediaries and internal sales channels is essential in ensuring timely and appropriate lending decisions are made.
We are looking for people with excellent organisational skills who pride themselves on providing an exceptional level of customer service. Previous loan/mortgage underwriting experience is essential along with strong IT skills.
Who are we?
With 53 branches and 18 agencies across Wales and the borders, Principality is the 6th largest Building Society in the UK. As a mutual society, we are owned by and run for the benefit of our 500,000 members.
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re currently on a Group wide transformational journey that will see our brand, technology, colleague and customer offerings updated and enhanced to really put Principality on the map and make us a brand and employer of choice within Wales and beyond. This is supported by our recent sponsorship of the iconic Principality Stadium, which has put us on a global stage.
As a business, Principality is keen to recruit talented individuals who are interested in joining a company in which they can really make a difference. Although the Society has been established for nearly 160 years, we pride ourselves on a progressive culture, which encourages its employees to thrive.
What can we offer you?
As well as a great working environment with a strong family feel and plenty of opportunities for development and growth, you can expect a generous package that includes pension, bonus and incentive schemes, free life assurance cover, critical illness protection, private healthcare and the option to buy extra holiday each year. You can also be a part of our Sports & Social club which gives our colleagues access to discounted theatre, sporting and family events and to top it all off, we always have tickets up for grabs for the latest events at Principality Stadium.
As Principality colleagues, we want you to walk a mile in our customer’s shoes. This is why we provide all staff with £100 to open a savings account at your local branch to really feel a part of our core business. £100 also grants you voting rights at the Principality Annual General Meeting.