Service Desk Team Leader
IT Managed Services Provider urgently seeks experienced hands-on Service Desk Team Leader to manage small servicedesk (4 IT analysts) and ensure excellent service is received by our medium-sized customers, mainly in financial services, according to the SLAs. First rate communication skills, in person, email and phone are mandatory, as is a genuine customer-focused attitude. A rewarding and varied role in a friendly team is assured.
Who are we?
- Sensical is a small and fast-growing IT consultancy and managed services provider based in the City of London.
- Despite targeting doubling the size of the company every year we maintain our founding principles with a passion for doing things right and providing absolutely the best quality.
- Our happy customers are small and medium sized organisations (SMEs) mainly in financial services and other sectors that appreciate a level of expert advice, reliability of systems and quality support that is a cut above the average.
- We are a friendly close-knit and supportive team of experts.
- Daily management and monitoring of the servicedesk and monitoring system.
- Ensuring all tickets are triaged, responded to and resolved within the SLAs.
- Authorisation of escalations and incidents.
- Management of the servicedesk and on-call rota.
- Regular reporting to management on servicedesk performance.
- Ensuring all serivcedesk processes are adequately communicated and understood by first line team.
- Ongoing identification of knowledge gaps in first line team based on ticket data, customer and staff feedback.
- Support and mentoring of first line team.
- Drive continual improvement of servicedesk effectiveness and efficiency.
Servicedesk Model and Team
The servicedesk model:
- Based on industry standards.
- Cross-customer (manages service requests from all customers).
- Tickets raised by end users by email and phone and electronically by monitoring system.
- Remote and face-to-face support.
- SLA based.
- Web based management tool (Kayako).
The servicedesk team:
- Team of first line IT analysts (currently 4).
- Incident manager.
- Teamleader (this role).
- Servicedesk practice head.
Essential Personal Skills and Behaviours
- Confident, clear and professional communication ability when face-to-face, on the phone or via email.
- Service / customer management focused with excellent customer manner.
- Proven people-management experience with a supportive and performance-oriented attitude.
- Previous hands on experience as an IT analyst / servicedesk team member in a desktop support environment
- SLA monitoring experience.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to accurately prioritise issues based on multiple factors.
- Ability to identify major incidents.
- Work in a high-pressure environment when required.
Essential Technical Experience
The candidate must have proven past experience of providing first and second line support for the following technologies:
- Microsoft Desktop
- AD (including OUs and Group Polocy)
- Microsoft Exchange
The candidate must also be familiar with the following:
- DHCP and IP addressing (including basic knowledge of subnets and VLANs)
- Network Patching
- Data centre / comms room environments
- Helpdesk / servicedesk toolsets
- Remote screen sharing technology
- Using monitoring tools
Desirable Technical Experience
Compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours.
- Pension scheme.
- Training and relevant ongoing certification.
- Be able to communicate fluently.