Opto-electronics Systems Network - Edinburgh - up to £42,000
Enigma People Solutions has an immediate vacancy for a Opto-electronics Systems Network Engineer for an outstanding Edinburgh-based electronics client working at the forefront of their field in the development of new and innovative technology.
Working as the Opto-electronic Systems Network Engineer within the Opto-electronics team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall system requirements within the critical opto-electronic module. The work will define and assess critical trade-offs for new design solutions and will be a fundamental in the development of new implementations. The system engineering will encompass transmitters, receivers, optics, atmospheric channel link analysis and electronic processing.
- Take a leading role in multi-discipline technical projects
- Working with stakeholders across the Company establish and agree system specifications and requirements
- Produce end to end system solutions, which are cost-effective and low-risk while being compliant with roadmap requirements.
- Establish detailed simulation and link models to accurately reflect system performance and cross collate to realised hardware
- Develop sub-module requirement specifications for implementation by hardware development teams
- Working closely with the wider engineering team manage design of the system, changes and resolution of complex problems
- Provide the technical architecture function and be the systems knowledge expert for the Opto-electronic module team
- Identify and mitigate risks within the design and development process
- Work with product teams to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities
- Work closely with other business functions as part of project delivery (Engineering, Operations, Sales, Quality & Project Management) and to support development of future roadmaps
- Min 5 years’ industry engineering experience in the field of system design
- Technical background and experience in Opto-electronics systems
- Postgraduate level education in Optics, Opto-electronics, Physics, or similar
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle as well as delivering a project cradle-to-grave.
- Innovative problem solving skills capable of drawing upon strong engineering and technical background
- Excellent analytical and simulation skills with strong numerical skills
- Proven team-player with the demonstrable ability to lead and work autonomously
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Matt at Enigma people solutions.