Account Executive - Publishing
Set up by publishers, for publishers, this leading not-for-profit licensing body provides collective licensing and rights management services to the UK publishing industry. This includes managing collective licensing of copying from print and digital publications including books, journals, magazines and websites. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Graduate Account Executive to join this growing team, based in the heart of Central London. This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic individual, with experience within the publishing industry, to develop within an extremely well-rounded role.
As an Account Executive, you will report to the Head of Publisher Relations and you will be responsible for providing account management support by developing and maintaining good relationships with new and existing publishers to expand industry knowledge of the body and the services they offer.
You will be the central internal contact for all relevant aspects of publisher relations work. You will also play a key role in supporting the Communications and Events Manager, including assisting with website and ebulletin content, and helping to manage the events calendar.
As an Account Executive, your role will include:
- Supporting publisher consultation by promoting all new licensing and services developments
- Actively encouraging publishers to take up PLS Permissions and future services
- Providing essential support to the Head of Publisher Relations to engage publishers and help maintain good relations
- Attending and increasingly leading publisher meetings and conference calls
- Overseeing the management and implementation of PLS public library service
- Access to Research, including liaising with librarians and compiling statistics
- Assisting the Communications and Events Manager in day to day management of events
- Providing relevant updates to the team on all aspects of publisher relations
- Administrative duties, such as account and database management
So, what are we looking for?
- At least a 2:1 from a top university
- Experience in publishing is essential
- Proactive self-starter with ability to prioritise and take on tasks and follow through to completion and to meet deadlines
- Strong organisational / project management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Computer skills including MS Word / Excel / database management / PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
What else is on offer?
- Salary circa £25,00 per annum
- 23 days' holiday per year
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
Interested in the publishing sector and looking for Account Executive jobs? Apply for this Account Executive job in London today!