Field Engineer - Special Therapy division
Position: Field Engineer - Special Therapy Division
Location: Field based South East
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon-Fri
Working as an ArjoHuntleigh Field Engineer, you will be part of our national team aimed at providing support, "in service" training and best in class delivery of a range of high dependency medical devices. The STT will have a very customer focussed approach with a good level of technical knowledge.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation, maintenance, installation, collection & in service training of key specialist products
- Training of Rental Technicians in the management of identified products
- Training of Laundry Technicians in decontamination of identified products
- Training of Bench Engineers in maintenance of identified products
- Detailed "in service" training of products when delivered to customer site, including all features and safety aspects around maximising product effectiveness
- Working closely with the sales team on developing rental opportunities
- Takes a lead in planning of proactive product positioning/logistics at all times
- Feeding back any quality or regulatory issues found on products through the correct channels
- Active participation on a 1 in 3 on call rota to ensure coverage is provided at all times - this will include weekends
- Support depot activities when not deployed on specialist therapies - quiet periods
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of working in an engineering environment
Experience working with Medical Devices essential
- Good demonstrable technical ability
- Confident in presenting to internal and external customers
- Confident in the use of all IT systems and associated devices
- PAT testing trained
- Highly organised
- It is essential to have a good standard of written and spoken English.
- UK Requirements: Eligibility to work in the UK (essential).
- Driving Licence: Required to hold a valid UK drivers licence.
- Travel: Ability to travel within the UK and Ireland with overnight stays as and when required.
- Enhanced DBS clearance: Required at the cost of ArjoHuntleigh.
- IT: Microsoft Office skills namely Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to lift bulky bedframes and mattresses for prolonged periods.
- Prepared to take a full part in a 1 in 3 shift pattern, where weekends are paid as overtime.
Please note: Due to the nature of this role, it is required that you live within the South East region.